Photograph from about 1914 taken in Church Street, showing the former Blacksmith’s forge and what seems to be a charabanc outing.
Sulgrave churchyard before 1924.
This photograph of the church from Castle Hill was taken before 1924 when the thatched cottages to the left of the picture were demolished to make way for an extension to the churchyard. The approximate position of these cottages is shown on this map:
The photograph is a clearer version of one which is already in the archives. It is interesting to zoom in on the old cottages, as follows……
….and also to have a closer look at two gravestones, since removed, on which something of the inscriptions can be seen.
Photographs courtesy Jim Oakley.