Notice from the Parish Council:
Repurposing the Village Public Telephone Box
The Parish Council wants to hear your ideas for repurposing the village’s public telephone box.
BT is removing a number of telephone boxes across South Northamptonshire and has decided to remove the telephone box in the village – next to the village shop – because of the low number of calls made from it (only 1 call was made in the past 12 months).
While BT will still remove the telephone, the Parish Council has decided to adopt the telephone box and repurpose it into something that will benefit the village.
There are many ways in which the telephone box could be given a new life: public art gallery, notice board, village guide, housing for a defibrillator or library. These are just a few ideas. The Parish Council wants to hear yours.
If you have an idea for how the telephone box could be repurposed, you can share it with the Parish Council through:
- Email: send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twitter: tweet your idea to @SulgraveVillage using the hashtag #mysulgrave
- Facebook: Like the Sulgrave Village Facebook page and leave a comment after the kiosk repurposing post.
- In person at the Village Shop: leave your idea in the ‘Ideas Book’ located in the village shop.
- Telling your Parish Councillors
You have until 31st of December to share your ideas for repurposing the telephone box.
The Parish Council will consider the ideas at its January meeting and decide on the one it feels will be best for the village. The outcome will then be published in the February edition of Sulgrave News.
The Parish Council looks forward to hearing your ideas, so get your thinking caps on!